Trail Appliances is undertaking a digital transformation - replacing our current systems with modern scalable applications that “wow” our customers. We are looking to add a Software Development Lead that will be responsible for custom business application development, and providing technical leadership and mentorship to our in-house team of developers as we undertake this exciting multi-year transformation.
Duties & Responsibilities
Participate in every aspect of the development and implementation of new custom business applications such as software design, development, testing, and deployment
Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new business applications and initiatives to support and enhance our existing systems
Participate in system architectural decisions and technical design of new business applications
Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship
Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
Develop and implement standards, procedures and guidelines to maintain high standards of software quality within the team
Participate in peer reviews of solution designs and code
Work with teammates in the migration of legacy applications to current technologies
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
5+ years of software development experience
Degree in computer science, engineering, or related field
Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical stakeholders
Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
Experienced with Microsoft.NET Framework, ASP.NET, MVC, and C#
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Prior experience in a technical leadership position an asset
- Experience with RAD tools such as DevExpress an asset
- Experience with automated build tools, code management, and continuous integration
- Experience developing REST APIs an asset
- Experience with database development including relational database design, SQL and ORM technologies an asset.
- If you have any questions about the role and want to discuss how it may fit your criteria, please contact Recruitment Consultant, Raymond To at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 778-869-9268.