Our client delivers comprehensive, market-leading wealth management solutions to the retail public as well as the customers of hundreds of financial institutions across Canada, including credit unions, banks, trust companies, insurance companies, financial planning companies and portfolio management firms. We currently administer more than $10 billion in investment assets through our subsidiaries and have been Canada’s top-ranked online brokerage over the past ten years.
Their developers work in small teams, employing a light-weight and agile process. They collaborate closely with the BA and QA teams and other stakeholders. Projects run anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months, allowing for ongoing learning opportunities. The CTO describes the company’s developers as whip-smart team players who are passionate about creating leading edge applications.
This job opportunity is aimed at developers who hope to work on and deliver, award winning brokerage software. You will enjoy the respect and support of the leadership team, who believe in promoting from within.
As a developer, you will participate in the entire development process, from exploring requirements to implementation and delivery. You’ll discover work that draws upon your expertise and permits you to tap into new talents and develop new interests. Some of the areas of current application development include iWatch, Mobile and Tablet iOS, Brokerage Trading System and Middleware and SOA Middleware architectures. You’ll also help:
· Build consumer and employee oriented web applications;
· Build web-based wealth management applications, web service based architectures/Middleware;
· Contribute to software construction decision-making and requirements gathering;
· Strengthen our software architecture and development best practices, and adopt new technologies.
· Degree or diploma in either computer science or engineering
· 2-4 years of web-centric enterprise Java development experience with a proven track record of high-quality software development
· Solid knowledge of software process and version control
· Prior business, personal experience or keen interest in the capital markets or the financial services sector (not required but would be considered an important asset)
• JEE (Java, JSP, Servlets, JDBC, Spring)
• Web Application Frameworks (Spring MVC / Bootstrap / GWT / Jakarta Struts / AJAX)
· Mobile Application Frameworks (iOS / Bootstrap)
• SQL Databases (Oracle 11g & SQL Server 2014)
• Application Servers (BEA WebLogic 11g or JBoss 5.0+ or Tomcat 6+)
• IntelliJ IDEA or Eclipse or NetBeans IDE
• Version Control Systems/Methodologies (CVS)
• Windows, Linux
DESIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS
• JEE Design Patterns
• XML, XML Schema, JAX-B, XMLBeans, XSLT
• Web Services (REST, JAX-RPC, SOAP, WSDL)
• Spring Framework 3.x
• EJB / JPA
• ESB (Mule)
• Swing / Web Start
· iOS Objective C
• JUnit Test Creation
• Maven / ANT
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
Contact us for more background on the team and organization: email@example.com