Program Manager is now Filled!
We have been retained by LandSure Systems to find a Program Manager. LandSure Systems Ltd. (LandSure) is a technology-driven organization providing innovation, project management, communication, and technology services to the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). A wholly-owned subsidiary of the LTSA, LandSure operates as part of a unique business model to support the continued growth of the LTSA and its services.
Are you looking for a Program Manager role unparalleled to other roles on the market? Landsure Systems is expanding its Program Management function and needs to attract an accomplished and ambitious strategic implementer to join its collaborative culture that promotes innovation, personal growth and accountability. The role is ideal for a seasoned Program Manager looking for a new challenge where you will be a strategic member of the team with direct impact on the success of the organization.
Landsure Systems is looking for a PMP certified and university educated professional with at least 15 years information technology experience managing multi-year project budgets greater than $10M. A significant portion of your role will be managing strategic relationships with outsourced contractors. Your experience should demonstrate years of progressively responsible project management or business management roles where you have earned a reputation as an outstanding leader and manager.
If you are looking for an opportunity to make an impact, to earn a competitive salary and bonus combined with a comprehensive benefits and retirement plan, while still having a work-life balance, Landsure Systems is the opportunity worth exploring.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Program Manager is responsible for leading large-scale IT or business improvement projects or significant elements of enterprise-wide projects. Reporting to the Senior Program Director, the Program Manager will take a comprehensive and strategic approach to managing the LTSA’s major initiatives consisting of multiple projects and ensure alignment with all teams within the organisation and outsourced contractors.
- Lead project staff from across the organization and contractors to ensure major IT or business improvement projects are completed on time, on budget, meet business requirements and stakeholder expectations
- Manage outsourced contractor(s) to ensure quality deliverables and successful project outcomes, including resolving problems escalated by project team, whilst maintaining long-term successful business relationships
- Establish project plans including timelines, dependencies and milestones using appropriate tools and track all project milestones and deliverables
- Prioritize projects, and key activities within major projects, and allocation of resources across the organization
- Ensure that project baseline documentation (including contract, requirements and specification) are maintained and updated following formal change management process
- Ensure that project team adheres to scope management and project management framework
- Gather status updates and reports from project staff, analyze results, and address problems or risks
- Effectively communicate and manage project expectations and status to project staff, contractors, sponsors and other stakeholders
- Assess the need for additional staff or consultants, obtain approval to hire, and effectively integrate them into the team
- Review project or system change proposals including benefits, costs and scope, and recommend whether to proceed if appropriate within corporate guidelines
- Contribute to the vision, road maps and business cases for new strategic initiatives that deliver major changes, and establish new major initiatives to deliver significant business value.
- Assist, oversee development, and review of RFP’s, proposals, contracts, statement of work, change proposals and other formal contractual documentation
- Prepare monthly status and financial forecast reports for the LTSA’s executive review
- Support annual departmental budgeting and planning process, and ensure project budgets are aligned with approved budgets.
- Define and document all policies and processes of project lifecycles to ensure these are delivered according to plan and within budget
- Provide leadership, coaching and support to other manager’s and provide hands-on support in deploying projects
- Lead post-project review processes to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or comparable alternative
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in information technology, including at least 10 years in progressively responsible project management or business management roles
- Experience managing multi-year projects with budgets >$10M
- Experience with selecting and managing outsourced contractors, or subcontractors with contract value >$5M
- Experience preparing business cases and presentations to senior leadership
- PMP Certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven leadership skills with ability to persuade, coach and motivate others
- Demonstrable excellence in relationship building and management skills, both internally and externally
- Strong knowledge of project management lifecycle and tools, along with strong MS Office skills
- Able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with all styles of managers, staff and consultants, from a broad range of disciplines
- Self-starter, able to independently balance multiple priorities under pressure and deadlines
- Strong track-record of successful project completion with satisfied stakeholders, on time, within budget and scope
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks with a can-do attitude
- Ability to identify change opportunities, drive and manage change with the organisation without direct authority
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with aptitude for accuracy and details
- Knowledge of real property management and GIS would be an asset
- Willingness to quickly learn LTSA’s business and priorities
The LTSA operates critical systems that underpin BC’s private property market, civil justice system, taxation and Crown land management frameworks. Ensuring we hire properly qualified and suitable candidates is necessary for the programs and activities of the LTSA and LandSure. As part of our hiring process, we will request that a candidate supply certain personal information so that we may conduct identity, reference, education and credential verification, and criminal record checks. Credit bureau inquiry checks may also be conducted for certain positions. As a public body, the LTSA is authorized to collect personal information under section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).