Andion Technology’s turnkey anaerobic digestion solutions are redefining how the world handles organic waste and produces renewable resources.
Andion Technology makes organic waste handling efficient, reliable, sustainable and economically viable. Based on proven experience and integrated solutions covering every aspect of the waste-to-energy and wastewater treatment value chain, the company guarantees the highest process efficiency for the lifetime of each facility.
With over 250 plants worldwide operating at an average 98% efficiency, Andion has a more than 20-year track record in designing, building, operating and maintaining turnkey waste-to-energy facilities. This includes two of the largest state-of-the-art anaerobic digestion plants in the United States, located in Rhode Island and North Carolina.
Andion’s expansion and further development of the North American market will be the mandate of the new subsidiary company, Andion North America (Andion NA). In order to capitalize on the tremendous opportunity in this region, Andion NA is building a team headquartered in Vancouver,BC. The first of these key roles is a Vice President of Operations.
The VP of Operations monitors the performance and directs activities of all operating sites with the goal of maximizing efficiencies and driving continuous improvement of production, cost and quality. Responsible for developing and implementing plans, processes and programs to ensure that operations meet the overall goals and objectives of the corporation. As part of the management team, the VP of operations also provides an integral role in setting the strategic direction of the company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Executive team to set operational goals and budgets
- Develop strategy and organizational structure to support company growth
- Manage systems to regularly monitor and report operating results to the management team
- Hire, manage and develop operations, logistics, production and engineering staff
Operating sites/Client Support
- Responsible for operational results from multiple operating sites over a diverse geographic area
- Lead and direct activities of operational staff
- Develop systems to increase the operational efficiencies of human resources, operating installations and monitoring/reporting system
- Develop, implement and monitor results from operational strategies at operating sites
- Plan human resources to support functional commissioning, training and start-up of operating sites
- Identify needed improvement efforts and develop strategies for implementation
- Responsible for maintenance support for all operating sites
- Provide support and guidance to R & D to ensure alignment and priority of efforts
- Provide feedback to sales, projects and R&D to ensure integration of operational improvements in new projects
- Develop, implement and oversee product quality control
- Direct purchasing and logistics
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, with additional training/education in Business, Finance or HR desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong management background – Understanding of “Lean Process Management” preferred
- Ability to communicate and gain buy in of objectives from clients as well as employees
- Strong understanding of safety (OSHA) standards
- 15+ years of progressive experience in industrial operations environments including leadership roles, such as Director, GM, Superintendent, or VP Operations
The position requires significant periodic travel, up to 40% time, occasionally for extended periods of time. Work on evenings and weekends expected as needed to support required activities, including sales support, conferences, project construction schedules and operational troubleshooting
The position requires the ability to work on industrial plant sites, including climbing stairs/ladders, occasionally carrying moderately heavy objects/tools.
To learn more about Andion and this exciting ground floor opportunity, submit your resume to Anna Shojania or call 604-726-4868.