This position is now filled! Thank you to all for your interest.
Andion’s turnkey anaerobic digestion solutions are redefining how the world handles organic waste and produces renewable resources.
Andion Technology makes organic waste handling efficient, reliable, sustainable and economically viable. Based on proven experience and integrated solutions covering every aspect of the waste-to-energy and wastewater treatment value chain, the company guarantees the highest process efficiency for the lifetime of each facility.
Andion has a 20-year track record in designing, building, operating and maintaining turnkey wastewater treatment and waste-to-energy facilities.
Andion’s expansion and development of the North American market is the mandate of the new company, Andion North America (Andion NA). In order to capitalize on the tremendous opportunity in this region, Andion NA is building a team headquartered in Vancouver,BC. One of the key leadership roles for the Andion team is the Vice President of Finance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY
Andion requires a VP Finance to help establish the company in North America. We require a finance executive who has been on the leadership team of a start-up or an early stage company and helped that organization create and execute a rigorous operating plan to ramp quickly. Our VP Finance will be a close and trusted business partner to the CEO, be intimately involved in the overall corporate strategy, and will be one of the key drivers of the expansion of the company across North America.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and coordination of company financial planning, debt financing, and budget management functions and ensure company accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles. In addition, this key executive will develop and oversee a project finance model to implement the company’s strategic plan.
The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of financial oversight within a manufacturing corporation with multi-site international operations. They will be known as a leader, team builder, strategic thinker and great communicator.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Maintain executive responsibility for financial operations for North America, including management of working capital, capital expenditures, debt levels, taxes, budget, and general accounting policies and reporting
· Active involvement in the development of project opportunities, assessing financial viability, developing financial models, assistance with developing materials and engaged directly in activities related to obtaining structured debt and government support.
· Develop and direct financial models and plans that match the strategic business plan, company growth, and market opportunities and direction
· Manage risk associated with foreign exchange and interest rate exposure
· Set-up and/or oversee all financial and operational controls and metrics
· Analyze current and future business operations and plans to determine financial effectiveness
· Manage relationships with external auditors with formal reporting to the company’s Audit Committee
· Prepare and file all financial reports to ensure compliance with GAAP, and all relevant lending, regulatory and taxation authorities
· During management system audit events provide evidence in support of conformance with applicable standards and procedures, and participate in corrective action activities as necessary
· Review all formal finance, HR and IT related procedures, processes, and administration, implementing new systems and managing them going forward
Our preferred candidate will have many of the following attributes, skills, and experiences:
· Proven start-up experience, ideally venture or private-equity sponsored
· Ability to put in place just enough process and controls to manage, enable, guide, and scale an emerging business, but not so many as to encumber it
· Leadership experience in a high-growth science, technology, or process engineering company
· Knowledge of industrial process environments in waste management, water treatment, chemical manufacturing or other engineering process businesses; knowledge of waste to energy markets would also be desirable
· Proven track record of architecting, negotiating, and executing mutually beneficial strategic partnerships, joint ventures, and supply chain relationships
· Debt, credit, project financing, and foreign exchange experience; extensive experience with complex structured debt with banks and a variety of lending partners is required
· Key driver and participant in the ongoing strategic, operational, and financial planning process as an integral member of the senior management team
· Completely and fully current on all topics relating to financial control, budgeting, planning, financial (ERP) systems, accounting, and financial management of the company, giving the CEO complete visibility into a comprehensive planning and reporting process
· Cash Management expertise; skilled at highly efficient working capital planning and management over both the short and long-term
· Proven track record of building best-in-class finance and accounting teams
· Hands-on with the creativity needed to execute effectively with a lean team
· Ability to act as a strategic and business partner to the CEO, providing leadership, yet working closely with management team on corporate goal-setting, governance; can act as a sounding board for the CEO on a broad array of issues and topics
· Operationally savvy; skilled and experienced in working with and managing corporate staff and back office teams (HR, Facilities, Finance, Legal and IT), and with the knowledge of how to scale operationally as the business grows in size and complexity
· Excellent negotiating skills; strong oral and written communication skills
· Hardworking and flexible, with unwavering integrity and comfort with ambiguity
· Willing to travel in North America and internationally
· BS/BA, CPA preferred, an MBA would be a plus; Science or innovation oriented business experience desirable
· Minimum of 10+ years experience with increasing financial responsibility
For more information about this opportunity, or to refer candidates, please contact
Anna Shojania at GO Recruitment at (604) 726-4868 or via email at email@example.com.
For more information about Andion visit the company website at www.andiontechnology.com.
For more information about GO Recruitment, leaders in retained search and advisory services for innovative BC technology companies,
visit our web site at www.gorecruitment.com.