Technical Support Specialist- This position is now filled. Thank you to all interested.
About Trail Techworks
Trail Techworks builds and operates the technology that powers Trail Appliances – Western Canada’s largest independent appliance retailer.
Our mission is transformation. We are evolving Trail Appliances and its sister brands (Trail Appliances Builder Division, Edmonds Fine Appliances, and Y.Franks Appliances) from bricks-and-mortar retailers into omni-channel retailers that can serve their customers when, where and how they want.
The Technical Support Specialist (Based in Richmond and/or Annacis Island) will provide Tier 2 hardware and software support to users by responding to queries and resolving issues, including incidents, service requests and change orders. In addition, you will maintain and administer all IT Operations services.
The IT Systems Administrator will report to the IT Operations Manager with day-to-day supervision from the Service Desk Lead.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor and review Help Desk tickets and provide support to end users. Assign and escalate tickets where applicable
- Administer all IT systems including Windows Server, Exchange, Active Directory, Remote Desktop, Skype for Business, SharePoint, VPN, Printing, MDM, WiFi
- Provide subject matter expertise, as required, on internal applications such as our ERP (Syspro) and customer applications.
- Perform installations and modifications to laptops, desktops, printers and monitors
- Support mobile devices (iOS and Android)
- Provide user training on system usage and applications as required
- Work with the Technology Team to implement complex IT infrastructure projects.
- Maintain current knowledge of products offered, application functionality and the high-level architecture of our IT environment
- Perform other duties as required to deliver exceptional service and to support Trail’s business goals
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Technical background with IT infrastructure, LAN/WAN networking and security
- Technical background with Windows, Windows Server, Exchange, Active Directory and mobile device management
- Experience supporting IP-based telephony and unified communication tools – particularly Skype for Business
- Syspro knowledge is a strong asset
- Knowledge and application of the Information Technology Information Library (ITIL) best practices an asset
- A positive attitude and a true passion for technology and for customer service
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivating
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
Experience and Credentials
- Degree or Diploma in computer science or technology related discipline with a relevant IT focus (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3 years IT end-user support experience with at least 1 year of Systems Administration experience
- This position requires the successful candidate to have a valid driver's licence and the regular use of a personal vehicle to visit Trail Appliances’ stores to perform some duties.
- After hours, holiday and weekend support on-call 24/7 as scheduled in rotation with other IT Operations Team members.
To Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The team at GO Recruitment are the Exclusive Recruitment Partner for Trail Techworks.