The System Administrator position is now filled! Thank you to all applicants. Check this site often for new opportunities.
About LandSure Systems
LandSure Systems Ltd. (LandSure) is a technology-driven organization providing innovation, project management, communication, and technology services to the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). A wholly-owned subsidiary of the LTSA, LandSure operates as part of a unique business model to support the continued growth of the LTSA and its services.
Are you looking for a System Administrator role in a unique organization unlike any other in Vancouver? LandSure is seeking to attract a talented and ambitious IT professional to join its collaborative team, with a culture that promotes innovation, personal growth and accountability. The role is ideal for an individual looking for a new challenge and to be a key member of the IT Operations team.
If you are ready for an opportunity to make an impact, earn a competitive salary and bonus combined with a comprehensive benefits and retirement plan, while still having work-life balance, LandSure is the opportunity worth exploring.
Reporting to the Director, IT Operations, the System Administrator will be required to work on high availability technology systems to ensure systems are performing at optimal levels. As well, the System Administrator will be the Unix systems administrator and work on new technology projects such as UNIX Server Virtualization and Network Security Architecture as well as MS Windows server administration. This is a hands-on role that requires experience in troubleshooting and correcting issues in a mixed (Linux/Windows) system as well as planning and implementing system upgrades and configuration changes. Candidates must be able to demonstrate outstanding teamwork, communication skills and enthusiasm for making the LTSA a world leader in title registration, survey system management and land and property-based systems in general.
You will have responsibility for the maintenance and support of LTSA’s mission critical technology infrastructure that supports web-based and client/server based systems and a range of custom-developed and off-the-shelf applications. You will work closely with external suppliers and product vendors, as well as internal technical services and support specialists, to ensure that problems are identified and resolved in a timely fashion and the overall availability of the technology supports the business users’ needs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Be part of the technology team to build, maintain, and support IT infrastructure and systems;
- Proactively monitor the health of our systems using appropriate tools to ensure optimal performance, respond to issues, troubleshoot and identify root causes, and to develop and implement technical resolutions;
- Perform operational activities, including server builds, provisioning, administration, patching, upgrades, monitoring, backup and recovery of servers and network;
- Act as a subject matter expert for technical initiatives and ongoing support;
- Assess, research and analyze business and system requirements, explore alternative options to recommend and design technology solutions to meet those needs;
- Participate in and provide input to system architecture design, planning and implementation of new systems and solutions;
- Work collaboratively with other internal teams, external partners and vendors to ensure all aspects of IT projects and support requests are met;
- Work as an escalation point for Help Desk end user support and help train junior staff;
- Create and maintain technical documentation;
- Become familiar and comfortable with the business domain of Land Titles and Land Survey as it applies to LTSA operation;
- Keep current and knowledgeable of emerging technologies;
- Provide off-hour, on-call support as defined by customer/business operational requirements;
- Support the management team to set priorities, and ensure timely deliveries in-line with agreed due dates.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent;
- 6-10 years of progressive experience administering Linux and Windows systems;
- Any other networking qualifications an asset (Cisco, Red Hat, Microsoft).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hands-on skill and proficiency in problem determination and troubleshooting techniques;
- Strong working knowledge of networking, network security, network storage devices, firewalls/routers/switches;
- Willing and able to switch between Unix and Windows technologies;
- Active Directory administration including GPO’s;
- Experience with SMTP, DHCP, DNS, NIS, LDAP, CIFS, NFS and UNIX system security;
- Some experience administering databases as well as MS Exchange;
- Familiarity with VoIP systems;
- Deductive reasoning skills as they pertain to system administration, such as troubleshooting – focused on determining hardware vs. software, application vs. operating system, network vs. application/systems, and patterned vs. non-repeatable problems;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt in a complex and changing environment including being able to manage multiple conflicting priorities, reprioritize tasks, work independently and meet deadlines;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a highly motivated and adaptable team in a complex and changing environment;
- High level of integrity and a strong sense of personal responsibility in accomplishing the organization’s goals;
- Passion for technology, communicating, deploying and implementing IT best practices and procedures.
To learn more about this career defining role, contact Raymond To, Senior Partner of GO Recruitment, at Raymond@gorecruitment.com or at 778-869-9268; or Maryann Boychuk at Anna@gorecruitment.com or at 604-317-1718.