We are looking for a software developer to join our growing team to follow best practices building .NET Core web applications and services that will be hosted on the Azure cloud. This will require working with our Business Analysts to understand requirements to then build internal products that will help the organization continue on its successful journey to serve our customers.
About Trail Techworks
Trail Techworks builds and operates the technology that powers Trail Appliances – Western Canada’s largest independent appliance retailer.
Our mission is transformation. We are evolving Trail Appliances and its sister brands (Trail Appliances Builder Division, Edmonds Fine Appliances, and Y. Franks Appliances) from bricks-and-mortar retailers into omni-channel retailers that can serve their customers when, where and how they want.
Get the full Trail Techworks story at http://trailtechworks.com
What we offer
- Supportive and visionary management
- Flexible work schedule
- Casual and open work environment
- Awesome Gastown workspace
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Regular social events with a great team culture
- Work with a high-performing team of people who are passionate about their work
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in every aspect of the development and implementation of business solutions by working with non-technical users and Business Analysts to ensure full understanding of the change implications to current business processes or new ones
- Embrace a culture of continuous improvement
- Work with the development team to execute software development using best practices
- Be accountable for building high quality products and services which includes test driven design and development with effective unit and integration tests
- Participate in maintaining and converting legacy applications to migrate to Azure using appropriate Microsoft technology such as C# with .NET Core
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- An ability to manage small projects from inception to completion with the entire team
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving capabilities that contribute to decision making that contributes to the success of the entire organization
- Demonstrable experience with learning technology for both personal and business objectives
- An interest and experience with best practices for software development methodologies
- The ability to write legible, clean code to execute business logic using .NET Core and ASP.NET MVC in web applications and web services using C#
- Comfortable working with relational databases, stored procedures, and complex SQL syntax
Experience and Credentials
- Minimum 2 years of programming experience in a team environment
- Preference given to candidates that have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field unless appropriate experience can be shown from previous projects
To Apply: Send resume to Marvin Pon
FYI: The team at GO Recruitment are the Exclusive Recruitment Partner for Trail Techworks.