Our client,Aviso Wealth is a national, integrated financial services company owned by the Credit Union Centrals, CUMIS and Desjardins.Their investment and insurance dealers support thousands of financial advisors at hundreds of credit unions across Canada. Their award-winning online brokerage, Qtrade Investor, and automated investing platform, VirtualWealth, give Canadians flexible choices for building their wealth. Their asset manager, NEI Investments, is a Canadian leader in Responsible Investment funds and portfolios, which are available through a national network of advisors. Aviso also provides custodial services and introducing broker services to independent financial organizations, including banks, trust companies, insurance companies, investment dealers, portfolio managers and financial planning firms. Aviso has major operations in Vancouver and Toronto, along with regional offices across Canada.
A career with Aviso means being part of a group of talented, energetic professionals who live their values every day, and belonging to an organization dedicated to your success and career development. If you’re looking for interesting and challenging work, at a company committed to its people, apply to join our team.
In this role the selected candidate will be building web based brokerage trading applications, web service based architectures / middleware. In addition, integrating trading functionality between various trading partnering organizations as well as creating and maintaining technical documentation will be among main responsibilities.
· Must hold a degree or diploma in either computer science or engineering from a recognized institution
· Must have 5-10 years of enterprise Java development experience in the areas of web application development, swing application development, and backend middleware development.
· Must have the ability to multi-task and demonstrate a proven ability to deliver in a fast paced, dynamic technical environment.
· Software process knowledge
· Prior experience in the construction of brokerage trading applications is mandatory.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are also mandatory.
Skills and Knowledge:
· JEE (Java, JSP, Servlets, JDBC, Spring)
· HTML, DHTML, Java script
· SQL Databases (Oracle 11g & SQL Server 2005/2008)
· Application Servers (BEA WebLogic 10.3 or JBoss 5.0 or Tomcat 6)
· Web Application Frameworks (Jakarta Struts / GWT)
· Swing / Web Start
· JEE Design Patterns
· Web Services & SOA (ESB/WSDL/XSD/UDDI/JAX-B/JAX-RPC)
· IntelliJ IDEA or Eclipse or NetBeans IDE
· Clustering / Load Balancing methodologies
· Brokerage Trading Methodologies
· Version Control Systems/Methodologies (CVS)
· Windows, Linux
· Caching technologies
· Smart order routing / multi-marketplace knowledge
· Financial protocols and stock exchange messaging knowledge (FIX)
· Trade order management system methodologies and architectures
To Apply, email Maryann Boychuk