GuardRFID is one of the best-kept secret tech companies in Vancouver. It provides Real Time Location Systems through active Radio-frequency identification solutions for the protection, identification, tracking and location of people, products or assets in almost any type of environment. We have been working with the team for over 2 years and can tell you all about their culture and opportunities.
The position involves activities in the following areas:
- Embedded software design and development for 16/32 bit microcontroller architectures, C/C++ and assembler, with and without RTOS (MSP430, ARM-7, ARM Cortex, Keil RTOS).
- Working knowledge of Layer 1 and Layer 2 networking protocols, wired and wireless PHYs.
- Very good working knowledge (development experience) of WiFi (802.11b) and/or BLE protocols.
- In-depth experience with various localized serial communication protocols (RS-232, I2C, SPI, etc.)
- Active usage of test and debugging equipment (Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, etc.).
- Development of Windows based utilities required to interface with embedded products is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Participation in overall embedded product development design from conception to manufacturing introduction.
- Design documentation writing and maintenance.
Required qualifications for this position:
- B.Sc. or higher degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of embedded software development ranging from good understanding of how the compiler generates the code, how start-up assembler routines work to 802.x and TCP/IP protocol implementation in multithreaded real-time applications. This is a must have. If you don’t have this experience.
- Dynamic personality and capable of working as a part of the multi-disciplinary team with full ownership of own deliverables.
Contact Marvin Pon or Raymond To to apply.