IT Infrastructure Engineer-Filled!!!
About Trail Techworks
Trail Techworks builds and operates the technology that powers Trail Appliances – Western Canada’s largest independent appliance retailer.
Our mission is transformation. We are evolving Trail Appliances and its sister brands (Trail Appliances Builder Division, Edmonds Fine Appliances, and Y.Franks Appliances) from bricks-and-mortar retailers into omni-channel retailers that can serve their customers when, where and how they want.
Get the full Trail Techworks story at http://trailtechworks.com
As the exclusive recruitment partner of Trail Techworks, we are looking for an IT Infrastructure Engineer who is fascinated by technology, is continually researching, learning, and staying on top of emerging technology trends in IT infrastructure, networking, and security.
What we offer
- Flexible work schedule
- Casual and open work environment
- Awesome Gastown workspace
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Regular social events with a great team culture
- Work with a high-performing team of people who are passionate about their work
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops medium to long-term IT infrastructure strategies that balance cost, performance (incl. stability and scalability), usability and IT security.
- Develops and leads the implementation of IT infrastructure strategies using sound project management skills. Will lead multiple IT infrastructure projects concurrently.
- Manages relationships with IT Operations vendors and partner(s), including conformance to pre-established contract terms and SLAs.
- Assists in the development and reporting of IT Operations KPIs. Focuses on delivering ongoing improvements in IT Operations performance.
- As part of the Tier-3 IT Operations support team, provides thought-leadership in troubleshooting and resolving production IT infrastructure incidents / issues.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the IT infrastructure by monitoring system performance, configuration and repair. Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical systems.
- Ensures proper scheduling and implementation of maintenance, patches and security updates as required and recommended.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking, Firewall, NAT, VPN, IP telephony, wireless, switching and routing.
- Strong technical background with Windows, Exchange, Active Directory, RDP, SCCM, and mobile device management.
- Strong technical background with Public Cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure/Office 365 and AWS.
- Strong knowledge in designing and implementing corporate messaging systems. IE: MS Exchange, Skype for Business, SharePoint
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft terminal server technologies.
- 5+ years’ experience with LAN / WAN Administration, Active Directory, and Virtualization (primarily VMWare).
- 3+ years’ experience collaborating with communication providers for: Data, Voice, PRI, Fiber, DSL, and Wireless services.
- Proven understanding of IT security systems and the integration within the corporate IT infrastructure.
- Microsoft SQL Server Certification (2008 or higher) an asset.
- Experience with: Palo Alto Networks, Aruba, Exagrid, Veeam Backup, SolarWinds preferred but not a must.
- Ability to construct PowerShell commands, some scripting including a basic understanding of SQL queries, job agents, stored procedures and scripts.
- Excellent communications skills in English, both written & verbal – mandatory requirement.
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously.
Experience and Credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, and / or 6+ years related experience.
- Passionate about and fascinated by technology. Always keeping current with technology trends.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility, and communicate effectively. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with clients, technical teams and other co-workers.
- Sound knowledge of the IT vendor landscape. Understands principles, methodologies, tools and techniques utilized in providing IT Operations services.
- Strong project management skills.
- Knowledge and application of the Information Technology Information Library (ITIL) best practices an asset.
- Ability to gather information, diagnose and analyze a variety of technical and non-technical issues and provide information and/or solutions as required.
- Well-developed analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Proven track record of managing vendors to deliver quality IT services.
- After hours, holiday and weekend support on-call 24/7 as scheduled in rotation with other IT Operations Team members.
To Apply, email Marvin@gorecruitment.com