LandSure Systems Ltd. (LandSure) is a technology-driven organization providing innovation, project management, communication, and technology services to the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). A wholly-owned subsidiary of the LTSA, LandSure operates as part of a unique business model to support the continued growth of the LTSA and its services.
Are you looking to be part of a dynamic team in a unique organization unlike any other in Vancouver? LandSure is seeking to attract a talented and ambitious professional to join its collaborative team, with a culture that promotes innovation, personal growth and accountability. The role is ideal for an individual looking for a new challenge and to be a key member of the Project Management team.
If you are ready for an opportunity to make an impact, earn a competitive salary and bonus combined with a comprehensive benefits and retirement plan, while still having work-life balance, LandSure is the opportunity worth exploring.
Reporting to the Senior Program Director, the Project Manager is responsible for planning, managing and leading short-term IT or business improvement projects, and some elements of enterprise-wide projects. Working closely with senior management, the Project Manager will plan and manage execution of projects including timelines and budget using internal resources, consultants, and vendors, manage issues, and report on status.
The successful candidate will have a background in project management in an IT or B2B environment, and will have experience with project tracking tools and systems. Candidates must be able to demonstrate outstanding teamwork abilities, communication skills, and enthusiasm for making the LTSA a world leader in title registration, cadastre and survey management, and land and property-based systems in general.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Using formal project management methodologies and processes, the project manager ensures projects are delivered on time, on budget, meeting business requirements and stakeholder expectations. The project manager will:
- Prepare project plans that include project objectives, scope, budget, schedule, milestones, resources, and risks;
- Establish project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools and track all project milestones and deliverables;
- Prepare management project documentation including when needed: charter, project plan, communication plan, governance plan, risk and issues management plans, and associated project management plans;
- Assess staffing or consultants needs and obtain approval with business owners;
- Manage and schedule resources to align project requirements with business goals and objectives;
- Develop RFP’s, proposals, contracts, statement of work and other documentation;
- Prepare and manage requirements documentation and baseline;
- Organize, facilitate and document results of kick-off meetings and workshops for individual project tasks;
- Prepare and present regular status reports to senior management;
- Identify, manage, report and escalate project issues to achieve timely resolution;
- Develop and execute any required corrective action plans to mitigate impact to project schedule, budget or overall business objectives;
- Manage scope and ensure changes to scope follow change management and project management framework;
- Prepare and manage change requests to ensure project continues to progress smoothly in light of changing business needs;
- Assist in developing project budgets in annual budgeting and planning process.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or comparable alternative;
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in managing complex, time sensitive projects with diverse requirements;
- Track record of managing $1-2M projects successfully to completion with satisfied stakeholders;
- Experience with business or requirements analysis preferred;
- PMP certification or equivalent preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of project management lifecycle and tools, along with strong MS Office skills;
- Strong facilitation skills along with ability to influence and drive consensus;
- Strong time management skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple, often conflicting priorities to successful completion;
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills;
- Able to communicate effectively with all styles of managers, staff and consultants, from a broad range of disciplines;
- Self-starter, able to independently balance multiple priorities under pressure and deadlines;
- Ability to identify change opportunities, drive and manage change within the organisation without direct authority;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with aptitude for accuracy and details;
- Knowledge of real property management and GIS would be an asset;
- Willingness to quickly learn LTSA’s business and priorities.