LandSure Systems Ltd. (LandSure) is a technology-driven organization providing innovation, project management, communication, and technology services to the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). A wholly-owned subsidiary of the LTSA, LandSure operates as part of a unique business model to support the continued growth of the LTSA and its services.
Are you looking to be part of a Customer Experience & Communications team in a unique organization unlike any other in Vancouver? LandSure is seeking to attract a talented and ambitious professional to join its collaborative team, with a culture that promotes innovation, personal growth and accountability. The role is ideal for an individual looking for a new challenge and to be a key member of the Customer Experience & Communications team.
If you are ready for an opportunity to make an impact, earn a competitive salary and bonus combined with a comprehensive benefits and retirement plan, while still having work-life balance, LandSure is the opportunity worth exploring.
Reporting to the Manager, Customer Experience, the User Experience (UX) Designer plays an important role in ensuring that new or enhanced online products and services are developed in close consultation with customers of the LTSA. The UX Designer provides visual experiences that are simple, elegant, and of high usability in support of project development projects, and conducts user research activities at every stage of the product lifecycle. The incumbent also works collaboratively with a cross-functional team of business analysts, developers and technical support to define and design new features.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support product development projects, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems of high complexity;
- Work with other stakeholders to shape ideas and create low- and high-fidelity prototypes;
- Create interactive mock-ups and prototypes to communicate and validate designs early;
- Translate business and user requirements into effective UI designs and specifications;
- Plan and conduct user research activities at every stage of the product lifecycle, synthesize data to extract actionable insights, which can be translated into product design;
- Recruit users for user testing sessions;
- Facilitate user testing on product designs to validate with end users;
- Verify designs through reviews and validations;
- Collaborate with fellow interaction designers, user researchers, product owners and developers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (UX design, HCI, Graphic design) plus a minimum of 2 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience in UX for online services in the G2B or B2B realm would be an asset;
- Experience in corporate, marketing or technical communications would be an asset;
- Candidates will have an online portfolio of UX design work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Well versed in design thinking with solid understanding of information and user-centered design principles;
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to undertake and complete multiple, concurrent tasks and projects;
- Strong team player with ability to collaborate with fellow interaction designers, user researchers, product owners and developers;
- Experience designing web applications for both desktop and mobile;
- Ability to distill complex domain areas and design intuitive interfaces;
- Ability to work efficiently and successfully within an Agile product development environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills;
- Able to produce quality concepts and design artifacts with strong attention to detail;
- Self-starter with ability to work independently;
- Comfortable in a high technology work environment;
- Able to think logically and understand policy and technical concepts;
- Strong working proficiency of Axure, InVision and Adobe products;
- Proficiency with MS-Office, content management systems, and online email software;
- Familiarity with using Google Analytics;
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
This is a temporary full-time position to March 31, 2019. To learn more about this career defining role, contact Raymond To, Senior Partner of GO Recruitment, at Raymond@gorecruitment.com or at 778-869-9268; or Anna Shojania, Senior Partner of GO Recruitment, at Anna@gorecruitment.com or at 604-726-4868.