This position is now closed. We thank all those who were interested. Please bookmark our Opportunities section for future opportunities or connect on linkedin with any of our team of recruiters.
LandSure Systems Ltd. (LandSure) is a technology-driven organization providing innovation, project management, communication, and technology services to the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). A wholly-owned subsidiary of the LTSA, LandSure operates as part of a unique business model to support the continued growth of the LTSA and its services.
At LandSure we offer a collaborative and positive organizational culture that promotes challenging, innovative work in a stable yet dynamic work environment. Located in the heart of Vancouver’s vibrant downtown core, our bright and modern office is just steps from transit, shopping, restaurants and the seawall.
The Manager, IT Applications will report to the Director, IT Operations and work closely with IT Infrastructure, Customer Operations, and Business Development and Innovation teams. In cooperation with managers in IT Operations, this position is responsible for the installation, testing, deployment, configuration and troubleshooting of all supported applications across all technology platforms.
The successful candidate is committed to IT operational excellence and leads by example to motivate and develop the team to deliver the highest standards of application support; and has the ability to establish strong partnerships with vendors and stakeholders while setting clear expectations. Candidates should have a background in application delivery, support and management of Enterprise Java Applications.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Manage a team of Application Support Engineers and System Engineer who are responsible for installation, deployment, configuration and troubleshooting of all supported applications across all technology platforms, and coordinate with the extended IT Team (DBA, Infrastructure, Systems Administration, Test and Release, Security)
• Document, maintain and improve standard operating procedures to reduce risk, improve availability and efficiency
• Ensure that system and application availability for internal and external critical services meets committed service levels and minimize the impact of incidents by insuring appropriate support response times
• Plan, coordinate, monitor and manage the work of all assigned team members including performance, career development and time/attendance management
• Participate as member of IT Operations Management team to support overall IT Operations and organizational objectives
• Regularly track, maintain, and schedule software and infrastructure changes both as regular activities and in response to unplanned events
• Ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data, content, and services, in compliance with applicable policies, processes and regulations
• Responsible for ensuring operational readiness of proposed software solutions; participate in software solution design and review processes
• Responsible for planning, maintaining, testing and executing Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity solutions related to the supported systems and applications
• Ensure projects are well managed with a sense of urgency in resolving issues and delivering on commitments
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems Management or equivalent
• 10 years of progressive experience in application delivery, support and management of Enterprise Java Applications
• 5 years of experience managing a high performance work team
• 10 years of hands-on experience implementing or supporting enterprise class high availability multi-technology (Unix + Windows) environments
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Skilled at managing a front line team, and developing staff, tools, and processes required for high availability systems
• Skilled in supporting cloud based applications and technologies in mixed Linux and Windows environment
• Knowledge of container based application deployment and operations
• Strong understanding of the continuous integration pipeline process and DevOps methodologies
• High level of technical understanding and competence - able to quickly respond to incidents, solve problems and make decisions on issues and resolutions
• Strong understanding of data models, relational databases, client server multi-tiered software solutions
• Good knowledge and understanding of business transaction modelling and design
• Ability to dive in and solve problems, providing post-incident root cause analysis as well as creating and submitting detailed defect reports leading to permanent problem resolution
• Committed to IT operational excellence - leads by example to motivate and develop the team towards delivering highest standards of application support
• An avid learner committed to keeping up to date with latest technologies and industry innovations
• Strong understanding of IT operational needs and ability to translate operational requirements in to software design, software architecture and systems integration
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to establish strong partnerships with vendors and stakeholders while setting clear expectations
• Ability to plan and organize, as well as demonstrate responsiveness and flexibility in a sometimes high-pressure, fluid environment
Candidates must be able to demonstrate outstanding teamwork abilities, communication skills and enthusiasm for making the LTSA a world leader in title registration, survey management, and land and property-based systems in general.
How To Apply
To learn more about this career defining role, contact Raymond To, Senior Partner of GO Recruitment, at Raymond@gorecruitment.com or at 778-869-9268; or Anna Shojania, Senior Partner of Go Recruitment, at Anna@gorecruitment.com or at 604-726-4868.