Full stack developer (Intermediate/senior)
Does working with software that saves lives appeal to you?
Tickit, our flagship product, gives patients a voice on sensitive issues and supports providers to respond. We are a fast-growing B2B startup in Healthcare tech, with customers in over 100 healthcare centres and schools in North America and Australia. Our recent success and growth means we are upgrading our software to scale. You will contribute to building a fast, reliable, secure, and resilient enterprise platform that is transforming healthcare for people on a global level.
You will be joining an amazing, energetic team in a great work environment located right near Olympic Village in Vancouver. Working with us, you'll contribute to some groundbreaking work in Healthcare, while expanding your skill set for this unique industry.
Tickit is a HIPAA-compliant, mobile-first graphic survey engine and data dashboard. Our patient-facing UI is written in AngularJS and LESS, and reports patient submissions to our Rails/.Net Core 2 back-ends where it is processed and presented to clinicians in a data dashboard. Our dashboard is a single page app that was recently rebuilt to be more performant and scalable. We have committed to upgrading our survey engine this year.
● Code and technology are what we use to solve problems, not the whole of our job.
● We are firm believers in knowledge sharing and supporting team development through collaboration, Lunch and Learns and mentorship.
● We are passionate about what we do and recognize each person’s unique contribution as well as the teamwork that goes into transforming good to great.
Our work is fun, and our tools are engaging- but they are critical for healthcare, and so our quality is always exceptional.
● You are an experienced full stack developer with strong leadership and communication skills
● You're pragmatic, not dogmatic.
● You know that "agile" means adapting to deliver value to customers.
● You want to move our code, style and performance in the right direction and be an influencer.
● You value an inspiring, positive and fun work environment.
What you'll do:
● Write well designed, testable code that meets our coding standards.
● Build integrations with clinics and hospitals systems via REST APIs.
● Play an active role in project planning and management, with Product Management, Client Success to align development with real life environments.
● Use your experience to help the whole team and mentor junior developers on programming best practices
● Embark on a bold new adventure, creating a new survey engine.
What you'll get:
In addition to an exceptional company culture, we offer the following benefits to all employees:
● Competitive salary based on experience
● Stock Option incentives after one year
● MSP and top notch extended health and dental coverage
● An annual week long dev retreat in Whistler
● A focus on developing your career in the direction you want to go with personal professional development budget for conferences or courses to grow your skills and career
● Regular Lunch and Learn
● An amazing on-boarding experience with welcome kit and all the tools you need on day one
● Focused yet casual work environment close to public transit right next to Olympic Village in Vancouver
● Some of us start the day with a Meditation
● Office snacks, espresso coffee, tea, and birthday cakes
● Legendary summer and winter staff parties
● Happy hours on Friday afternoons
● Team events (team lunches, hikes, yearly Vancouver Sun Run Team, etc).
● Table tennis and games
Technical Skills and Qualifications:
● BA/BS in Computer Science or other relevant degree
● 3+ years of experience in web-based development
● 2+ years of experience with Angular (JS or 5+)
● Proficient using modern HTML5 and CSS3 to build and style templates to meet a prescribed responsive design. Flexboxes, media queries
● Understanding of version control (Git), merges, pull requests and code reviews
● Experience and/or interest in Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile methodologies
● Experience with C# (.NET) or other backend object-oriented language
● Experience with Webpack
● Experience and/or interest to work with healthcare integration, privacy and security standards
● Experience with unit testing frameworks
● Bachelor's Computer Science degree
● Web Development: 3 years
● Angular (JS or 2+): 2 years
● SQL: 2 years
● CSS3: 3 years
● HTML5: 3 years
● C# 3 years desirable but not essential
Contact Raymond To at 778-869-9268