LandSure Systems Ltd. (LandSure) is a technology-driven organization providing innovation, project management, communication, and technology services to the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). A wholly-owned subsidiary of the LTSA, LandSure operates as part of a unique business model to support the continued growth of the LTSA and its services.
At LandSure we offer a collaborative and positive organizational culture that promotes challenging, innovative work in a stable yet dynamic work environment. Located in the heart of Vancouver’s vibrant downtown core, our bright and modern office is just steps from transit, shopping, restaurants and the seawall.
Working as part of a collaborative HR Team, you will be responsible for all activities related to talent acquisition, employee retention, development, and engagement. You will work on a diverse mix of internal and external job competitions, collaborate with HR and hiring managers to understand hiring requirements, evaluate applications, and move candidates through the various stages of recruitment from pre-screening to reference and background checks. You will be responsible for reviewing current processes and recommending improvements as needed, and establishing a recruitment strategy for open and upcoming positions.
If you are a role model and demonstrate best HR practices, have a high level of initiative, a strong work ethic, and display common sense and good judgment, we want to hear from you. Our employees demonstrate outstanding teamwork abilities, communication skills and enthusiasm for making the LTSA a world leader in title registration, survey management, and land and property-based systems.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, the Talent Manager is responsible for the following:
• Draft postings and communications that reflect the organization’s brand and compel qualified candidates to want to work with the LTSA
• Perform external searches for qualified candidates using online tools such as LinkedIn and social networking
• Manage internal competitions in accordance with collective agreement requirements as applicable
• Evaluate applications for specific qualifications prior to moving them through the selection process
• Conduct telephone interviews with candidates and lead/participate in in-person interviews as needed
• Manage correspondence with candidates from in-coming e-mail applications to scheduling interviews and extending offer letters
• Provide guidance and support to hiring managers in selecting talent that fits with the organization’s needs
• Increase talent pipeline by investigating new sources of candidates, such as through universities, colleges, and other learning institutions
• Participate in assessing and implementing HR technologies that support process improvements; such as skills testing, applicant tracking, learning management
• Maintain various reports such as vacancies, recruitment activity, applicant lists
• Collaborate with HR to review, source and manage training and development initiatives to continue developing employees at all levels
• Lead the performance planning, coaching, and assessment process across the organization
• Provide back up to HR team members as needed
Education and Experience:
• Degree or Diploma in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development or related discipline
• CPHR designation or CPHR in progress
• Minimum of 5 years HR experience with a focus on recruitment
• Experience working in a small/medium sized hi-tech organization preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledgeable and current about best practices in recruiting and talent management; always learning
• Ability to present confidently and professionally as an ambassador for the organization
• Ability to quickly develop an understanding of the organization’s business and culture
• Strong business acumen and judgment - able to effectively balance employee needs with competing business demands
• Strong technical aptitude, advanced skills in Word and Excel, and skilled at using social recruitment tools such as LinkedIn Recruiter
• Attuned to people and personalities and able to identify strong organizational fit
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain respectful and professional working relationships with varying personalities at all levels of an organization
• Independent and self-motivated along with desire to work in a team-focused and collaborative work environment
• Strong communication skills with ability to present professionally both orally and in writing
• Critical thinking skills - ability to assess situations objectively, apply good reasoning and make decisions independently
• Adaptable and flexible - ability to cope with ambiguity in an emerging and constantly changing environment
• Highly organized with ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a quick turnaround environment as well as delivering on longer-term projects
• Positive can-do attitude – will jump in and do whatever is needed to get the job done
• Self-aware – understanding the impact of behaviours and actions on others, willingness to solicit and receive feedback, and motivated to improve.
How To Apply
To learn more about this career defining role, contact Raymond To, Senior Partner of GO Recruitment, at Raymond@gorecruitment.com or at 778-869-9268; or Anna Shojania, Senior Partner of GO Recruitment, at Anna@gorecruitment.com or at 604-726-4868.