LandSure Systems Ltd. (LandSure) is a technology-driven organization providing innovation, project management, communication, and technology services to the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). A wholly owned subsidiary of the LTSA, LandSure operates as part of a unique business model to support the continued growth of the LTSA and its services.
At LandSure we offer a collaborative and positive organizational culture that promotes challenging, innovative work in a stable yet dynamic work environment. Located in the heart of Vancouver’s vibrant downtown core, our bright and modern office is just steps from transit, shopping, restaurants and the seawall.
Working as part of a collaborative HR Team, you will be responsible for all activities related to recruitment, employee retention, development, and engagement. You will work on a diverse mix of internal and external job competitions, collaborate with HR and hiring managers to understand hiring requirements, evaluate applications, and move candidates through the various stages of recruitment from pre-screening to reference and background checks. You will be responsible for reviewing current processes and recommending improvements as needed, and establishing a recruitment strategy for open and upcoming positions. In addition, the position plays a leadership role in our employee engagement and development programs and initiatives.
If you are a role model and demonstrate best HR practices, have a high level of initiative, a strong work ethic, and display common sense and good judgment we want to hear from you. Our employees demonstrate outstanding teamwork abilities, communication skills and enthusiasm for making the Land Title & Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA) a world leader in title registration, survey management, and land and property-based systems in general.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for the following:
· Lead all recruitment initiatives including drafting postings, sourcing candidates using social media, evaluating applications, screening candidates, conducting in-person interviews, and guiding managers through selection decisions
· Increase talent pipeline by investigating new sources of candidates, such as through universities, colleges, and other learning institutions
· Participate in assessing and implementing HR technologies that support process improvements; such as skills testing, applicant tracking, learning management
· Maintain various reports such as vacancies, recruitment activity, applicant lists
· Lead the employee engagement program, including data collection, analysis, and the development and implementation of a plan to see continued improvement in engagement across the organization
· Collaborate with managers to review, source, and manage training and development initiatives to continue developing employees at all levels
· Lead the performance planning, coaching, and assessment process across the organization
· Provide back up to HR team members as needed
Education and Experience:
· Degree or Diploma in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development or related discipline
· CPHR designation or CPHR in progress
· Minimum of 8 years Generalist HR experience with at least 3 years focused on recruitment
· Experience working in a small/medium sized hi-tech organization preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledgeable and current about best practices in recruiting and employee development
· Ability to present confidently and professionally as an ambassador for the organization
· Strong business acumen and judgment
· Strong technical aptitude, advanced skills in Word and Excel, and skilled at using social recruitment tools such as LinkedIn Recruiter
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain respectful and professional working relationships with varying personalities at all levels of an organization
· Independent and self-motivated along with desire to work in a team-focused and collaborative work environment
· Critical thinking skills - ability to assess situations objectively, apply good reasoning and make decisions independently
· Adaptable and flexible - ability to cope with ambiguity in an emerging and constantly changing environment
· Highly organized with ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a quick turnaround environment as well as delivering on longer-term projects
· Positive can-do attitude – will jump in and do whatever is needed to get the job done
· Self-aware – understanding the impact of behaviours and actions on others, willingness to solicit and receive feedback, and motivated to improve
The LTSA operates critical systems that underpin BC’s private property market, civil justice system, taxation and Crown land management frameworks. Ensuring we hire properly qualified and suitable candidates is necessary for the programs and activities of the LTSA and LandSure. As part of our hiring process, we will request that a candidate supply certain personal information so that we may conduct identity, reference, education and credential verification, and criminal record checks. Credit bureau inquiry checks may also be conducted for certain positions. As a public body, the LTSA is authorized to collect personal information under section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).How To Apply
To learn more about this career defining role, contact Anna Shojania, Senior Partner of GO Recruitment, at Anna@gorecruitment.com or at 604-726-4868.