Stockhouse is a massive online community of investors who come to stockhouse.com for the latest investment information and opinion from markets around the world. We are the largest in Canada, and we have ambitious plans for growth. We are currently in need of a Development Manager to help manage our development process from understanding the users of the website and gathering requirements to planning and executing development projects. The position reports to the Director of Technology.
Key Job Responsibilities
· Plan and schedule the development team work using Jira. Manage development time lines and road maps. Report plans, estimates and progress to the executive team.
· Run the sprint planning meetings where Jira tickets are estimated, prioritized and
scheduled into future sprints.
· Manage the work flow through the development team for the current sprint ensuring that nobody is blocked, everyone is working on the tickets scheduled for the current sprint and raising flags if the sprint goes off track.
· Ensure that the development team are following the process for managing source code
branching and providing full traceability of what code and is running in each environment.
· Manage the activities of the QA team ensuring that every production release has been
through functional testing of new features and regression testing of the whole website.
· As workload permits, participate as a Sr Software Developer, implementing new features in the Stockhouse system, developing state of the art web pages and building back-end services and infrastructure components
· Hands-on experience with project management methodology as applied to software development.
· Demonstrated ability to manage complex requirements and conflicting priorities through to a successful project completion.
· Communicate effectively in English. Ability to communicate with groups of technical and
non-technical staff at all levels within the organization.
· Flexible and professional individual who thrives as a member of an efficient team.
· Work independently with minimal supervision.
· Diligently execute company policies on security and privacy.
· Extensive technical knowledge of the Microsoft stack is essential
· Significant experience with Microsoft ASP.NET, Microsoft MVC, nHibernate, Less, Git and other development tools, libraries and frameworks
· Prior experience with Jira will be an advantage
· Minimum three years’ experience leading a development team.
· At least five years’ senior level experience as a software developer