Named as one of FORTUNE’s ‘World’s Most Admired Companies‘ for the 6th consecutive year, Fujitsu is a leading multinational information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Their unique capabilities in cutting-edge technologies such as AI and IoT, combined with cross-industry insights, are helping Fujitsu to deliver genuine innovation and business value, resulting in the development of vast international business operations employing over 140,000 people. Additionally, they’ve been chosen for inclusion into the Dow Jones Sustainability World (DJSI World), the world’s leading Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) index, year after year.
Fujitsu Intelligence Technology
Fujitsu Intelligence Technology Limited (FITL) is Fujitsu’s global Artificial Intelligence (AI) headquarters. Located in Vancouver, Canada, FITL is growing its global AI business by bringing together the innovative AI and Quantum-Inspired Technologies such as Fujitsu Digital Annealer (DA) developed by the company in Japan and regions around the world. FITL’s mission is to establish and coordinate a central AI & DA knowledge, technology & solution portfolio for business, and to enable optimized investment in AI & DA solutions across Fujitsu. The decision to establish this highly strategic international AI headquarters in Vancouver represents an acknowledgement of the significant AI talent in the region and creates a unique opportunity to build a worldwide hub to influence AI development.
FITL believes that employee development, health and wellbeing, work-life balance, and diversity and inclusion are as important to them as being leaders in digital innovation. Their goal is to create an environment where employees feel free to be their authentic selves at work and realize their full potential all while working collaboratively together to build transformative technology that will shape businesses and society.
The Chief Technology Officer, CTO, working closely with the CEO, will be responsible for building a cohesive and comprehensive strategy to drive Fujitsu’s technical visions and roadmaps, champion Fujitsu’s AI and Quantum-affiliated technology solutions and stimulate potential customers, as well as providing technical guidance and align company objectives with development plans. The CTO is a Big Thinker, Technology Visionary and driven to achieve market success, continually looking ahead and determining how best to leverage Fujitsu’s technologies.
Some of the CTO Contributions would be:
· Promote Fujitsu’s technical solutions and strategies to customers and partners and to propose innovative new concepts and ideas to the CEO
· As a public face of the technology for Fujitsu, present at conferences and events becoming a key influencer and evangelist in the industry
· Author and publish white papers to promote Fujitsu’s vision and technologies
· Communicate and collaborate with Fujitsu Japan and other Fujitsu regional companies to help guide projects from concept to delivery
· Evangelize a solution road map, integrating both technology and business partners, and advising multiple stakeholders in different geographic regions.
Experience and Education
The ideal candidate will:
· Be a leading practitioner in areas of AI application with extensive industry contacts and a vast network
· Possess an understanding of complex sales cycles where technical solutions are one of the key drivers
Bring proven experience creating, applying, or popularizing AI techniques for commercial application preferably in (but not limited to) Manufacturing (including Automotive), Medical, Healthcare, Chemical/drug discovery, Bio tech, Financial, Energy, Transportation; though not a requirement, this is highly desirable
· Have experience with architected complex systems for a variety of industries
· Currently be contributing to the field in the form of published research, speaking engagements, participating in industry groups; though not mandatory, this is preferred
· Possess a proven track record of anticipating technological advancement and developing business cases for such advancements
· Currently be a Technology Leader in some capacity (possibly a Principal Engineer, Chief Scientist, VP Development) who aspires to be more involved in making strategic decisions in a company.
· Highly developed written and communication skills with exceptional presentation skills
· Proactive communicator who possesses the interpersonal skills to develop, maintain and build positive and productive relationships with all stakeholders
· Fact based, analytical and data driven – a business based thinker.
In order to pursue this extraordinary opportunity to help build a global centre of innovation, submit your resume in confidence to or call one of our strategic recruitment partners at GO Recruitment.
Raymond To, BSc, MBA, CPA CMA email@example.com 778-869-9268
Anna Shojania, BA, MBA, CPC firstname.lastname@example.org 604-726-4868
Maryann Boychuk, BA email@example.com 604-317-1718