Named as one of FORTUNE’s ‘World’s Most Admired Companies‘ for the 6th consecutive year, Fujitsu is a leading multinational information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Their unique capabilities in cutting-edge technologies such as AI and IoT, combined with cross-industry insights, are helping Fujitsu to deliver genuine innovation and business value, resulting in the development of vast international business operations employing over 140,000 people. Additionally, they’ve been chosen for inclusion into the Dow Jones Sustainability World (DJSI World), the world’s leading Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) index, year after year.
About Fujitsu Intelligence Technology
Fujitsu Intelligence Technology Limited (FITL) is Fujitsu’s global Artificial Intelligence (AI) headquarters. Located in Vancouver, Canada, FITL is working to grow Fujitsu's global AI business by bringing together the innovative AI and Quantum-Inspired Technologies such as Fujitsu Digital Annealer (DA) developed by the company in Japan and regions around the world. FITL’s mission is to establish and coordinate a central AI & DA knowledge, technology & solution portfolio for business, and to enable optimized investment in AI & DA solutions across Fujitsu. The decision to establish this highly strategic international AI headquarters in Vancouver represents an acknowledgement of the significant AI talent in the region and creates a unique opportunity to build a worldwide hub to influence AI development.
Comprised of a diverse and talented team of professionals committed to helping our customers navigate a digital world, FITL believes that employee development, health and wellbeing, work-life balance, and diversity and inclusion are as important to them as being leaders in digital innovation. Their goal is to create an environment where employees feel free to be their authentic selves at work and realize their full potential all while working collaboratively together to build transformative technology that will shape businesses and society.
Senior Business Development Manager – Role Purpose
Within the domain of Fujitsu’s global quantum computing-inspired optimization services and artificial intelligence markets, the key purpose of the role is to contribute to the growth of Fujitsu’s global business by identifying, analyzing, and pursuing, or providing technical pre-sales support for, direct and/or alliance-driven business opportunities. Supplies proposals and 'go-to' market plans, including recommendations on implementation to FITL business management and/or regional business unit management and client executives, and attends to, or supports implementation. The main focus of the role is pursuing directly or supporting others in the development of new name business opportunities in a complex environment.
• Strategic Business Development: Identifies and qualifies strategic opportunities to establish and grow a pipeline and grow Fujitsu’s market share and other KPIs.
• Business Development Planning: Analyses and understands market developments and anticipates market trends. Responsible for the creation and agreement of a plan for business development activity that identifies target customers/partners/sectors and opportunities in order to support Fujitsu’s growth objectives and specific FITL targets.
• Strategy Development Support: Supports the development of strategies for identifying new market opportunities for Fujitsu. Propagates the strategy, develops complex ’go-to’ market plans and best practices in the industry, a market segment, the alliance or the service. Initiates, supports and controls the execution. Supports the development of the sales strategy for the defined sales territory.
• Customer & Partner Relationships: Identifies and influences decision makers and stakeholders (internal and external). Creates, maintains and expands a network of productive relationships with customers, partners and internal Fujitsu stakeholders. Holds regular market-making conversations and develops early opportunities from suspects to prospects.
• Technical Pre-sales Support: Leverages technical skills and knowledge regarding Fujitsu technologies and offerings to support FITL business development and marketing/promotion activities.
• Business & Technology Presentations and Promotion: Delivers compelling presentations and technology demo to customers, partners, event delegations and audiences to strengthen brand awareness, demand generation opportunities, and business development pursuits.
• Bid Support: Supports internal FITL team members or other Fujitsu teams in regional business units in the preparation and presentation of effective solution proposals.
• Project Management: Manages interdisciplinary and complex projects and timelines related to business development activities on a national or international level.
• Business Insight: Maintains a high level of knowledge of products, services, market intelligence and competitive insight.
• Governance: Adheres to company defined governance procedures and opportunity management tools including the client relationship management (CRM) database (Salesforce) to manage campaigns and activities within and across borders.
• Team Building & Development: Identifies, motivates and communicates with virtual teams to effectively support qualified opportunities.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for solving customer problems and who is - or wants to be - an AI Guru.
We will also need:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Administration, Finance or Sales/Marketing and or an equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience. (Additional technical degree or diploma preferred.)
• 7+ years’ experience in strategic business development and consultative selling within the technology software and services marketplace and/or business-to-business.
• 3+ years recent experience in artificial intelligence, machine learning, or data science technology domains.
• Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy.
• Ability to articulate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
• Team oriented, with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain strategic working relationships.
• Flexibility to assume a workload which frequently necessitates an adjustment of priorities.
• Eagerness to learn new things, continually growing and expanding personal abilities.
• A high degree of self-motivation, with an ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
• Experience working with internationally-based clients and colleagues.
• Excellent organization / time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) along with organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Excellent communication skills with executive-level clients.
• Cross-functional communication skills with technical, legal and marketing stakeholders.
• Excellent listening and presentation skills.
• Availability to travel (up to 50%) domestically and internationally.
In order to pursue this extraordinary opportunity submit your resume in confidence to, or call one of, our strategic recruitment partners at GO Recruitment (www.gorecruitment.com).
Anna Shojania, BA, MBA, CPC email@example.com 604-726-4868