Content Marketer – Catalyst Agents (this position is now filled. Thank you to all those who applied)
ABOUT CATALYST AGENTS
A growing marketing agency located in the heart of Gastown, Catalyst Agents is a boutique marketing agency striving to deliver world-class integrated marketing campaigns. Serving recognized clients such as Concord Pacific, Birks Jewelry, Steve Nash Clubs, Lexus and more, Catalyst Agents is a pioneer in the Chinese digital marketing space, and handles bi-lingual campaigns in English and Chinese, ensuring the marketing objective and messaging doesn’t get lost in translation. We are a growing, entrepreneurial, hard-working team that takes pride in their work.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The bilingual Content Marketer must be able to think beyond the obvious requirements given to us by our clients and executes the content marketing plan in both English and Chinese. The content marketer will be the point person who will create a results-oriented plan and create compelling storytelling content based on data insights, background research, and a thorough understanding of client needs. This role will report to the Marketing Manager and work alongside the graphic designer and marketing coordinator to create engaging, authentic digital and social content.
The successful candidate must be fluent in both English and Chinese, and be able to provide sample work or online portfolio demonstrating a thorough understanding of cultural nuances in marketing.
There are 2 elements of this role: Content Strategy and Content Creation:
a. Content Strategy
- Analyze each client’s business from an environmental, product / service line, profit / loss point of view. Their business is your business.
- Understand the business objectives of the campaign and devise a content strategy for the duration of the campaign along with defined KPIs.
- Working with Marketing Coordinator to generate campaign-end performance reports.
- Plan content strategy execution timeline and assign roles on the team for approved client recommendations.
b. Content Creation
- Creating content for digital and social media channels both for our owned brands (Catalyst Agents and Pendulum Magazine) and client accounts. Channels include but are not limited to blog, WeChat, Weibo, Douyin, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, Youtube, and podcasts.
- Managing weekly content calendar(s) to ensure all components are executed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Reviewing and approving content produced by Marketing Coordinators on the team in both English and Chinese.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese)
- Must be able to provide sample work or include a link to your online portfolio
- 3-5 years of experience as a content marketer or equivalent experience as content creator.
- Fluent in using Microsoft Office and iWork tools
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of cultural nuances in marketing
- Data-driven - able to glean insights and build content and stories around data.
- Results-oriented – always keeps the client’s business objectives top of mind.
- Resourceful – able to meet tight deadlines in an accurate and timely manner by leveraging resources in our internal and external network. Able and open to asking for help and team support.
Forward a confidential resume to and either a sample of your portfolio in pdf format or a link to your online portfolio.
Raymond To Recruitment and Retention Consultant
CATALYST AGENTS | 210-131 Water Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 4M3